CONTACT AVSA TEAM MEMBERS
AVSA Office Manager
Amy Carruth, Office Manager
Sofia Bennett, Editor AVM
AVSA Officers 2021-2023
Susan Anderson, President
4040 E. Maldonado Drive
Phoenix , AZ 85042
Mary Corondan, 1st Vice-President
434 Plumwood Way
McKinney , TX
Glenda Williams, 2nd Vice-President
829 Old HIghway 20, Unit B
McDade, TX 78650
Sharon Shannon, 3rd Vice-President
3 Alby Lane
Los Lunas, NM 87031
Rich Follett, Secretary
49 Courtney Circle
Strasburg VA 22657-5270
Terri Post, Treasurer
29384 Diamante Dr.
Sioux City, IA 51109
Sue Ramser, Immediate Past President
Wichita Falls, TX 76308
AVSA Committee Chairs
- Richard Craft firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jeri Anderson email@example.com
- Kathy Bell firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kathy Lahti email@example.com
- 2022 Convention Chair: Danny Tidwell firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2022 Convention Show Chair:
- Terri Post email@example.com
- Randy Deutsch firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kurt Jablonski email@example.com
- Stephen Covolo firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kathy Lahti email@example.com
PLANT REGISTRATION CHAIR
- Joe Bruns firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Jeff Smith email@example.com
- Charles Ramser firstname.lastname@example.org
SHOWS AND JUDGES CHAIR
- Mary Corondan email@example.com
- SHOW SCHEDULE APPROVER: Susan Anderson firstname.lastname@example.org
- JUDGING SCHOOL CHAIR: Ruth Loomis email@example.com
- Candace Baldwin firstname.lastname@example.org
2022 AVSA Convention Chairs - Little Rock, Arkansas
2022 AVSA Convention Chair, Little Rock, Arkansas: Danny Tidwell email@example.com
2022 AVSA Show Chair, Little Rock, Arkansas:
SUMMER OFFICE HOURS: July 6 – August 11, 2021
- 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. (CST) Monday – Thursday
OFFICE MAILING ADDRESS
- P.O. Box 22417, Beaumont, TX 77720-2417
Phone: (409) 839-4725
FAX: (409) 839-4329
The African Violet Society of America, Inc. (AVSA) was organized on November 8, 1946, and was incorporated on June 30, 1947.
It has grown to be one of the largest societies devoted to a single indoor plant in the world.
The African Violet Society of America Inc. is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization.
THE PURPOSES OF AVSA
AVSA exists to:
- Provide a convenient association for people interested in African violets
- Stimulate interest in propagation and culture of African violets
- Promote distribution of all varieties and species among members and others interested in growing them
- Publish reliable, practical information about plants and the organization
Bringing Growers Together
- Conventions and Affiliate groups gather growers for education, sharing, and fun.
- Social media draws new growers with information, photos, and friendship.
- AVSA sponsors convention and affiliate shows with extraordinary specimen plants.
- Both the African Violet Magazine and AVSA Social Media feature beautiful violet photos.
Promoting the Cultivars
- With sales by AVSA Commercial vendors and at Affiliate sales, raffles, and giveaways
- By maintaining the International Cultivar Registration Authority for Saintpaulia.
Keeping Growers Informed
- Via the African Violet Magazine, the AVSA Website, Social Media, Affiliate programs, & the AVSA Office.
- Growers depend on the experience of AVSA members and vendors who are ready to help.