Violets where? on hats... on creative headwear! everywhere!!!
AVSA Hat Contest Details
What is the contest?
AVSA is looking for original hats, which suggest some aspect of the African violet hobby. The hats could be artistic, imaginative, educational, comical, or clever. (See rules below.)
Who can enter the AVSA Hat Contest?
Only AVSA members can enter.
Who will decide the best hat?
The public will be invited to vote for their favorite hat between March 1, 2024 to March 31, 2024. One vote per person.
When will results be published?
The winner will be announced at the 2024 AVSA Convention in Phoenix, Arizona, and in the May/June 2024 African Violet Magazine.
A prize will be awarded to the entry receiving the most votes.
The winner can choose either
- First Class for All software (value $40), which is the official registration and listing information for nearly 20,000 African violet cultivars.
- A 3-year subscription for updates to the First Class for All database (value $33).
Learn more about First Class for All software at Software – African Violet Society of America
- Entrants must make an original hat, which suggests some aspect of the African violet hobby.
- Entrants must then take a photo of themselves or someone else wearing the hat.
- Entry Photos should be submitted to email@example.com no later than January 31, 2024 with the following information:
- Photo should have a resolution of at least 300 pixels per inch (PPI), not to exceed 4 MB, allowable formats are JPG, TIFF or PNG
- First and Last names, AVSA membership number, phone number and Street address
- A statement of what the hat represents or means
- Entrant owns the copyright of the photos and entrant grants permission to AVSA to use the photo in Social media or print.
- Selected entries will appear in the March/April 2024 issue of the AVM and AVSA website for voting.
- The general public and AVSA members will be invited to vote (one vote per person) for their favorite between March 1 and March 31, 2024 on the AVSA website